hellogoodgaby

reading and wishing

My name is Gaby, I'm 21 and from Miami. I'm an english major who loves to read (duh!)

The Great Gatsby
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Requiem
Lauren Oliver
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Sarra Manning I'm kind of picky with my Chick Lit. Usually they have these awful covers and names that are sickly sweet and I just can't pick them up. Mostly I stick to the world of Young Adult because I really don't care to read about being 29 and single. However, I absolutely loved Adorkable so I was curious to see how Sarra Manning's adult work was. And I wasn't disappointed. This book was fun and I really felt a connection to Neve, even if I wanted to slap her sometimes. She was a very real character and I related to her in a lot of ways. I only wish that the ending had been a little less "everyone lived happily ever after" because honestly, I hold a grudge and I hate when characters can just forgive easily because I would never be like that. All in all, it seems like chick lit with British ladies who's lives are just kind of on the verge of falling apart very well may be my thing!